TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF
EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE
1. If for any reason or at any time you are unable to keep the Dog he/she agrees to return the Dog to EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE as soon as possible
2. The Dog MUST NOT be destroyed without the written permission of EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE unless a veterinary surgeon certifies in writing to EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE that such a course was necessary as a matter of urgency.
3. The Dog must be housed indoors or in accommodation approved by EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE the Dog must be properly cared for and treatment provided by a veterinary surgeon in the case of illness or accident.
4. The CUSTODIAN agrees to allow a Trustee or member of EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE to visit his / her home at a mutually convenient time to ensure that the Dog is happy and settled. That Trustee or member may remove the Dog if the terms and conditions of this Agreement are not being met.
5. The Dog shall not be allowed out on its own at any time and must be kept on a lead for not less than the first 14 days in the CUSTODIAN's possession or until the CUSTODIAN has full control over the Dog.
6. The CUSTODIAN agrees to insure the Dog against third party claims.
7. Nobody under the age of 18 years should have sole charge of the Dog.
8. No Dog or Bitch shall be used for breeding purposes.
9. No pedigree papers or registration documents will be supplied with the Dog.
10. The Dog should / must be taken on a course of lessons in general obedience if required.
11. The CUSTODIAN understands that the donation given for the Dog is NOT RETURNABLE
12. The CUSTODIAN understands that they have NOT PURCHASED the dog and have only given a donation to EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE'
13. If you are successful in adopting a dog from EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE we would require to see two forms of identification, one being photographic and the other with your current address and dated within 3 months of the date of adoption before we can release the dog into your custody.
14. The CUSTODIAN accepts and agrees that for the purpose of Section 2 of the Dogs Act 1871 or any re-enactment thereof he/she is the owner of the said Dog and that for the purpose of the Animals Act 1971 he/she is the keeper thereof
15. The CUSTODIAN hereby indemnifies EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE and its members and officers against liabilities that they may incur as a result of the activities of the said Dog whilst it is in the care of the CUSTODIAN such indemnity continuing even after the CUSTODIAN has ceased to care for the Dog until the Dog is returned to EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE.
16. EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE agrees to allow the CUSTODIAN to have care of the Dog for as long as the CUSTODIAN abides by the conditions in the schedule
17. There will be a re-homing donation of between £200 - £250 which will help towards the costs of the dog's care and any treatment required
18. Privacy and the Human Rights Act 1998
The Human Rights Act 1998 (the “Act”) incorporated the European Convention on Human Rights (the “Convention”) into UK law. Article 8(1) of the Convention provides that “everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.”
19. We, EDINBURGH SAMOYED RESCUE, are committed to protecting your privacy! Your personal details are safe. We treat your personal data and information as strictly confidential and never pass them on to third parties.
GET IN TOUCH
We'd love to hear from you
Registered Charity in Scotland Registered Charity No- SC048163